Wednesday, June 22, 2005

The Helicopter

There was great excitement at the school today, an helicopter was flying in.

This helicopter flies around Yorkshire taking ariel photos of your house and then tries to flog the pics to you. On this occasion the school requested it to fly over and take some shots of the building and then land in the playing field adjacent to the school and have the kids photos taken in front of the chopper.

I went to pick my kids up at home- time and got there a bit early, just as the last group of kids were getting snapped. Shortly after, the photographer and pilot hopped into the aircraft and started up the engine. The rotors started turning faster and faster, and then he was up in the air. All the kids started jumping up and down and cheering and waving. If theres not a few wet knickers amongst the kids I'll be surprised. They were that excited.

"The pilot man is called John," said my little girl, after she'd collected her schoolbag.

"How do you know?" I asked her.

"Cos' I asked him." she replied.

At least she's chatting up someone with an interesting job.