Tuesday, June 21, 2005

The Dentist

It was check-up time at the dentist today. I took the little girl and the lad for one at the same time.

All I needed was a scale and polish. (In other words, there's nothing wrong with your teeth but wev'e got to get some money out of you somehow.)

The little girl was next in the chair. She'd managed to get a small chip on one of her front teeth.

"I don't think I'll do anything with that chipped tooth," said the dentist. "It's a bit wobbly so it looks like it will fall out soon."

"Oh good," replied the little girl. "I can't wait."

"Why's that?" asked the dentist.

"Because the tooth fairy will come." came the answer.

The lad wasn't in the chair 30 seconds before his teeth were declared fit and healthy.

I wonder if the garlic pasta he had for school lunch had anything to do with it?