Thursday, August 05, 2004

The battle of Agincourt

After the excitement of the tomato yesterday, I thought I'd follow that up with a trip to the Royal Armouries Museum in Leeds just to calm things down a bit.

We managed to get there, after driving around in circles for ages.

"We passed that church twenty minutes ago." said the wife

"No we didn't." said I.

"Yes we did, dad." chorused the tweenies in the back.

All I can say about the museum is, don't go. Not if you want to spend hours looking at glass cases full of armour,swords, muskets etc.

We were sat down watching a film about the battle of Agincourt,( you know the one, where Henry the eighth's army massacred the french, even though they were outnumbered 5 to 1 and hadn't had their Weetabix that morning.) when the little lad said," It's boring this dad, can we go home?"

"Aye, you're right lad, lets go."

"You never know," said the wife, " there might be another tomato ready."

Heady stuff, heady stuff!

Oh by the way, thank you to the dog-owner who let it crap on my drive this morning. I hope your animal was much relieved. Perhaps you didn't have a poop scoop on you at the time, never mind I cleaned it up for you. After all, we wouldn't want anyone to slip on it would we?